Why spend the time and money on a professional face-lifting massage when you can do it yourself in the comfort of your own home. How long does it take you to drive to the masseuse and back? How often do you have to schedule an appointment on their time? How much money do they charge you for a massage?
What if we told you that you could give yourself a face massage which would make you look and feel younger from the comfort of your own home? A massage which can be done in the comfort of your own home, and, best of all, a massage which will cost you absolutely nothing.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure for more information.
How Does it Work?
We often overlook our faces when it comes to massage, but the face can reap the same benefits. A facial massage can relax, yet tighten facial muscles. We do not want tense muscles; we want tight muscles. A facial massage also helps to improve our circulation. Better circulation means better looking skin.
Scar tissue and adhesions are all treated by massage.  By draining our lymphs we remove the waste which builds up in our muscles and skin. When our muscles and skin are clean, we can pave the way for essential nutrients to flow. Our blood plasma will be clean enough to accept these nutrients and feed them to our skin. Nourished skin is healthy skin.
A facial massage can also help us to relax, improve our digestion, clear our sinuses, and alleviate migraines and head pain. 
Massage is intended to relax us. There is no point in starting a massage unless we are in a relaxed environment. Turn off any TVs or computer screens. Play your favorite soothing music. Tie back your hair. Light a candle. Find a comfortable position to sit in, a bed to lie in, or a bath to soak in.
Make sure that you have everything you need before starting:
Once you are relaxed, you can begin. If you begin in a non-relaxed state, you will not find the massage relaxing. The preparation is as important as the massage itself.
How to Do A Face-Lifting Massage
Sit with your head, neck and shoulders in a comfortable position. Close your eyes and begin some deep breathing. Count in for five and out for eight. Repeat this 5-7 times. Once you feel calm, you can begin the massage. Apply facial oil to your fingers and repeat all of the following 2-3 times each:
- Take three fingers and gently apply pressure to the area from your collarbone to your chin. Move in an upwards position, moving from one side of the face to the other. You can use either hand (or both).
- Move your fingers from your jawline to your ears, running your fingers along the length of the jaw. Where the jaw hinges you can move a finger in a circle, gently massaging an area which can be full of tension.
- From the jaw (under your earlobes), move to your temple. Move a finger in a circular motion at the temple.
- Take two fingers and slide them, with gentle pressure, from the top of the nose, across the eyebrows and to the temples.
- With three fingers move from your eyebrows to your hairline. Repeat for the entire forehead.
- Use two fingers to massage your pressure points in a circular motion:
- The edges of your mouth.
- The chin under your bottom lip.
- Between each nostril and your upper lip.
- The area between your nose and cheeks.
- The bridge of your nose.
- The inside corners of your eyes.
- The outside corners of your eyes.
- The entire eyebrows.
- The area centred between your eyebrows and your hairline.
After the massage, wash your hands and face gently with the water and apply a homemade facial cream. If you don't want to make your own, this collagen cream is excellent in helping to maintain younger looking skin
[mv_create key="10" type="diy" title="DIY Face Lifting Massage Instructions" thumbnail="https://massagegearguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Depositphotos_184714992_l-2015.jpg"]
For a demonstation, watch the video below.
And here is an infographics that explains the correct massage technique.
If you want to take your facial massage to the next level, then check out our recommendations for the best electric face massagers.
Make This Treatment Your Own
While oils are great for massaging your face with, you could also consider adding some of the following ingredients, either to the oil or your fingertips.
- Lavender and chamomile are the oils which will relax you most. Check out this recipe for a chamomile face oil. Great for massaging your face before bed.
- Honey is antibacterial and is great for keeping the moisture in your skin. Great for dry skin or acne.
- Mint, bay, laurel, and rosemary essential oils are great for improving your circulation.
- Cucumber soothes skin, reducing puffy skin (especially good around the eyes).
- Oatmeal can be used as a rub to exfoliate all skin types.
- Olive oil is great for tense muscles.
- Geranium essential oil is a natural cleanser. It is also great for cleaning out your lymphatic system. Clean skin is healthy skin.
As always, with essential oils, a little is a lot. Always dilute essential oils with a carrier oil (such as jojoba). One or two drops should be all you need for a face massage. Do not forget to wash the oil off after the massage.
Also, remember it is important to store essential oils properly.
How Does A Face-Lifting Massage Help?
Young skin is a wonderful thing, but it does lose life as we age. Our skin will become more delicate, thinner, dryer, and fragile as we live our lives.  This is why we need to take care of it.
By investing a few minutes a day to massage our own faces, we are investing in ourselves. Massaged skin will improve your circulation, soothe your muscles, and tighten your skin.
The facial massage we have detailed to you is based on the Chinese model of acupressure. Acupressure promotes healing and helps energy to flow. By massaging the pressure points in our face, we can release our blocked energy, stimulate our blood flow, and improve our general health.
You do not need to invest in the various cosmetic products which companies force on us. It is time to take control of your own body and save your money. A few minutes are all you need to give your face its very own face-lift.
You do not need magic creams, special tape or even surgery to look your best. Our acupressure face-lift massage will do all that for you and more.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Massage Gear Guru is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.