- The whole body massage promotes general relaxation. There are two major muscles that work together to stabilize and support the spine and hips. The spine massage techniques that target specific muscles and connective tissue are called structural massages.
- A structural massage that targets the muscles from the buttocks and up to the neck is effective for relieving lower back pain. Some massage styles include the whole body with a special focus on a targeted area.
- Trigger point massage – the whole body that includes an extra focus on specific areas of pain caused by tightness (trigger points) in muscle tissues. Deep tissue massage – a whole-body massage that uses pressure to relieve tension in deeper layers of connective tissues and muscles.
There are other styles of massage, like Reflexology and Sports Massage, but the ones listed are some of the more common. For people who experience back pain, massage therapy can bring much-needed relief.
Benefits of Massage for Lower Back Pain Relief
Massage therapy can provide several benefits for those suffering from lower back pain. Massage can help to:
- Relieve muscle tension
- Improve blood circulation
- Anti-inflammatory pain relievers
- Decrease stress levels
- Promote relaxation
If you are struggling to find the right massage therapist in your area, you may prefer to equip yourself with a massage chair. Try our 8 best budget massage chairs to find your perfect home-massage companion today!